Canadian Experience Class

Canadian experience class (CEC) was introduced in 2008. This program is for graduates from a post-secondary institution and for a temporary foreign worker with Canadian experience to obtain a permanent residence in Canada. The government of Canada looks into the deep pool of experienced candidates and awards them with the golden opportunity of getting settled in Canada. It is an easy and convenient way for a temporary foreign worker to settle in Canada and achieve permanent residential status. To apply for Canadian Experience Class, an applicant must work full time for at least a year in Canada.  Applicants who seek to live and work in Quebec or those who gained their work experience in Quebec cannot apply for CEC and should consider the Quebec Experience Class as an alternative, but our licensed immigration consultants will guide you with those steps and procedures.

Minimum Requirements:

  • Have at least 1 year of full-time (or equivalent amount of part-time work) skilled work experience in Canada. (Quebec is not included)
  • Your work experience must be paid, full-time or the equivalent hours part-time. Full-time means at least 30 hours per week. You must have had this work experience in Canada.
  • Your job must be under NOC OAB Category
    • Managerial jobs (skill level 0)
    • Professional jobs (skill type A)
    • Technical jobs and skilled trades (skill type B)
  • Must Apply in three years of obtaining skilled work experience. 
  • Minimum language proficiency CLB level 7 for NOC code 0 and A and CLB level 6 for NOC code B
  • Must have legal status in Canada

A limit is also set on the number of applications to be accepted. Only a total number of 8000 applications will be taken in and also a limit of 200 applications for each position of occupations in NOC B. If you are a foreign student, it is to be noted that the part-time jobs that you have done during the term of your study will not be counted into the one-year work experience. Similarly, co-op placements, apprenticeships, and internship programs done during the study also do not count towards to required hours. The only experience that will count is the one which is gained after the study or graduation, done on a valid work permit. In case if your work permit will expire before the CEC application is processed, you may be eligible for availing an open work permit. This type of work permit lets you stay and work in Canada during the time of CEC application procedure.

Steering through the Canadian immigration procedures can be quite tiring and heavy, which also consumes much of your time when dealing with piles of forms and documents to finish. Some form submission dates are really solid and one might always tend to forget things and it might keep you as busy as a bee. Some procedures might look all Greek to you. Do not worry, that is what we are here for. Transferring stress is much easier than transferring a photograph nowadays. Come to us, our experienced and licensed professionals will help you out in all the steps and procedures. Let us take the stress and put you at ease. Let us put our heart and soul in helping you achieve your dream. Like it said in the beginning, Canada is a paradise and KGraph is the doorway.