Family Sponsorship


You can support your family members to live, study, and work in Canada if they become permanent residents. To do this, you must be at least 18 years old and fall into one of the following categories:

  • A Canadian citizen.
  • A person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act.
  • A permanent resident of Canada.

How to Apply

The process typically involves submitting two separate applications:

  • Sponsorship Application
  • Permanent Residence Application

Both applications must be submitted for you to sponsor a loved one as a PR in Canada.

If you live in Quebec, you must adhere to Quebec’s specific sponsorship rules and requirements.